Tuesday, August 18, 2009

AHH! Wonders Shall Never End

Hey! I hope everyone had a great weekend like I did. I saw someone I hadn’t seen in while. I remember when something happened she always said AHH! Wonders shall never end. If she heard a gist she said AHH! Wonders shall never end. It didn’t matter if you were speaking Yoruba or English she always replied with AHH! Wonders shall never end. Well you get the point. So this weekend I heard about something that made me go AHH! Wonders shall never end. On Sunday I went to a birthday party for someone in my church. God please forgive me o because I didn’t go to church that day but I went to the party. I saw this man that used to attend my church so it made me wonder why he stopped coming. When I got home I asked my mom and boy was I shocked by the reason. It turns out he and his wife got into a nasty divorce. His wife, aunty Tosin seemed like such a devout Christian. When I was taking this 3 month baptismal class she was my teacher. The class was mostly youth girls and she would always tell us that we’re not supposed to have boyfriends. She said it was not only a sin to have sex but to kiss. So when we asked her how we were supposed to find a husband aunty Tosin said we just have to pray on it. If we continue to pray for a husband then God will reveal him to us. In my head I was thinking okay so a face will just appear in my head and I’ll just know that’s my husband abi? No dating no nothing. Okay then. Aunty Tosin was pretty much our Christian mentor even after we got baptized and graduated from her class. So when I heard she was divorced especially from such a great man I couldn’t understand what could have cause it. Aunty Tosin’s husband, Uncle Solomon, told my mom that ever since she finished nursing school, his wife changed. Here was a man that not only paid the bills but also paid for her nursing school. Aunty Tosin had been cheating on him. She had a boyfriend and would go to a hotel with him and wouldn’t come home till late at night. When Uncle Solomon found out he forgave her. One day when he got home, she had changed all the locks in the house and called the police on him for harassment. She then filed for divorce. Uncle Solomon has been so depressed that he hasn’t been able to come to church. He also must be a little ashamed. He was advised to let her keep the house because she’ll probably win it court so he now lives in a one bedroom apartment in a not so nice area. The two of them didn’t have children. They were trying for years but no child. I don’t know which one of them couldn’t reproduce but I know usually in our culture they blame the women and send her packing and tell the man to marry another wife. Uncle Solomon never wanted to leave her and claims to have never cheated on her. Now you see why this story made me say AHH! Wonders shall never end.

29 comments:

  1. LOL...first time here and thanks for visiting my blog...

    NA WA OH!!! and then girls will say na guys bad pass...she not only cheated, she's stealing his house...i'm sure it's here in the US, abi?

    that one no fit happen for 9ja...may God comfort him and give him more than he has lost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Na wah o... Freedom -- reveals the real us....Hopefully its not a bad us that is hiding inside...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is kinda sad. Just goes to show how some women can be heartless and ugly on the inside. She not only bit the hands that fed her but also threw him out..Karma will soon come callin ..watch out,your comin to relate a part 2 to blogsville..lol..

    and is it just me..what is it with all these naija women nurses in the states?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmmnnnnnn, story ohhh
    the woman is a wolf in sheep's clothin, her bf will soon dump her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! wonders shall never end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crz wonders shall never end, who ld av imagined that Saint Christian Aunty Tosin(who preaches no boyfriend) is cheatin in her matrimonial home.... nice blog....

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is the top of AHH wonders shall never end..

    ReplyDelete
  8. na wa oh ...wonders shall never end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. Here I was saying "not so bad, they can still work things out" up until I read she locked him out and filed for divorce?!?!?! Okay. Err... Really goes to show you people are not always what they appear to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reading guys and I appreciate all your comments
    @david its here in the us that won't happen in naija
    @ trybes lol there's too many of them but its good money and safe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing...
    Just when you think you've heard it all..
    Something else is there to shock you..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Undeniably imagine that that you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of.
    I say to you, I definitely get irked whilst
    people think about worries that they just don't understand about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest as neatly as outlined out the whole thing without having side-effects , folks could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

    Also visit my blog ... airplane games simulator

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always spent my half an hour to read this webpage's articles or reviews every day along with a mug of coffee.

    Feel free to visit my blog post ... Abercrombie Fitch Belgique

    ReplyDelete
  14. When someone writes an paragraph he/she keeps the thought of
    a user in his/her brain that how a user can understand it.
    So that's why this post is amazing. Thanks!

    Also visit my webpage; wealthwayonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you are going for finest contents like myself, simply pay a quick visit this web site everyday since
    it presents feature contents, thanks

    My web-site ... Abercrombie and Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd like to find out more? I'd like to find out more details.


    Have a look at my web blog Gucci Borse

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyone loves it when folks get together and
    share ideas. Great blog, keep it up!

    Here is my page; Learn More Here

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd most certainly donate to this fantastic blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and
    adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!

    My weblog: Wholesale Jerseys Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, I've recently been searching for information approximately this topic for ages and yours is the best I have came upon so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure about the source?

    Have a look at my page :: Louis Vuitton Purses

    ReplyDelete
  20. fantastic submit, very informative. I'm wondering why the other experts of this sector don't understand
    this. You must proceed your writing. I'm confident, you've a huge readers' base already!

    my homepage Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  21. This site really has all of the information
    and facts I needed about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

    Feel free to visit my web site Going Here

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's very simple to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this web page.

    My web site Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's very trouble-free to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as I found this article at this web page.

    My blog post: Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  24. Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your
    web site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped
    me a appropriate deal. I have been tiny bit familiar
    of this your broadcast offered vibrant transparent idea

    Here is my webpage :: Christian Louboutin Heels

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not sure why but this blog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll check
    back later on and see if the problem still exists.

    Visit my page LeBron James Shoes 2013

    ReplyDelete
  26. You can definitely see your skills within the article you write.
    The world hopes for more passionate writers such as you
    who are not afraid to mention how they believe. Always go after your heart.



    Here is my blog - Abercrombie Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and
    I'm inspired! Extremely helpful info particularly the closing phase :) I take care of such information much. I used to be looking for this certain info for a very lengthy time. Thanks and best of luck.

    Feel free to visit my blog Read More

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very good post. I definitely love this site. Continue
    the good work!

    Feel free to visit my homepage: Air Max ()

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too.

    This kind of clever work and exposure! Keep up the superb works guys I've incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.

    my web site ... Jordan Femme

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed

Back to Home Back to Top Suru. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.