Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'll Get Him Hot, Show Him What I've Got


She can go lower than I ever really thought she could - Face down - {ASS UP!}
The top of yo' booty jigglin outcho' jeans, baby pull yo' pants up!
I like it when I see you do it, better than I've ever seen I done befo'
A lot of, women, drop it to the ground, but HOW - LOW - CAN YOU GO?
Maybe It's Time To Put This Pussy On Ya Sideburns,
He Say I’m Bad, He Problly Right,
He Pressing Me Like Button Downs On A Friday Night
I'mma give it to you harder
Tonight
I'mma turn your body out
Relax
The way, that booty movin' - I can't take no more
Have to stop what I'm doin', so I can pull up her close
I'm tryna find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful
Damn Girl!!!
Damn, you's a sexy bitch, sexy bitch!
Damn, you's a sexy bitch!

If you can’t tell, these are snippets from current popular music. I’m for freedom of speech and for low censorship but sometimes some of the stuff I read or see makes me feel that maybe censorship should be tighter. These songs are everywhere, on the radio, the internet, tv etc. I feel like why should children be exposed to this? Why would seven year olds have access to this song? I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve heard children sing inappropriate songs. Whether we like it or not, the culture that these songs bring will affect them. They are obviously disrespectful to women and some of them are promoted by women. (One time this little boy asked my little cousin if her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard). I feel like there’s only much parents can do to protect their children and it’s sad the effect I’ve seen first-hand with music and children. I’m not exactly sure what can be done. I guess we have to promote a culture that respects themselves and each other so more great songs can be written with respect.

I want to say a BIG thank you to everyone that reads my blog. And to those who make the effort to comment, I truly appreciate it!

14 comments:

  1. you are right - at least back in the days, they coded what they said so we didn't understand it, till we grow up....my advice will just be to train your child right, cos the world wont get any better

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank goodness i have never heard this song.

    what is the world becoming??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not heard the song either.. I'm constantly banning my younger siblings from singing some songs.. Crazy what they learn outside the house.. Good talk.. one can only do so much.. I'd send you a private mail.. need to discuss an issue with you..
    www.askchacha4free.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i personally think that it depends on how you raise your kids..my folks personally never censored anything i listened to but today neither me or my elder ones curse or use dirty words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While the lyrics are degrading, i think it goes both ways, degrading to both men and women being sung about. I think training ur kids that such words are not appropriate instills in them that note, other than that, they would still hear it since its everywhere... smh sad world we live in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hey just stoppin by. 2 Cute one of my buds!
    Mista Jaycee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Training starts from parents even before censor boards and co. But honestly, the entertainment industry is going to the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What can i say, welcome to the (hic) new world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.............................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. simple: home influence should always be greater than peer pressure. kids always will be exposed to undesirable people and things, is why we must make sure we teach them well from home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a sad situation. I agree that there's only so much parents can do but it's what they do that informs the decisions of the child. I appreciate ur stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you know that record company's target market for top 40s (a.k.a mainstream hits) are peeps aged between 8 and 13? It's repulsive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ "One time this little boy asked my little cousin if her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" lmao!!!! damn!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @neefemi - Now its just raunchy and explicit
    @CerebralyBusy - It's not one song I just mixed lyrics from different popular songs
    @2cute4u - I just replied to your email
    @leggy - You're def right parents have to raise their children but its even harder today
    @Mwajim Al - Yes it is degrading for both men and women thanks for the insight
    Mista Jaycee - Thanks for stopping by! will be reading your blog also
    Myne - I agree with everything you said lol
    Kay9 - lol i guess so
    Jinta - Makes a lot of sense but still wish the music industry was better
    Tatababe - Thanks for doing the same!
    x-Omotade-x - That is repulsive especially with most of the music thats in the top 40.
    Sugarking - I know right damn lol but my incle dealt with him

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed

Back to Home Back to Top Suru. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.