Monday, May 10, 2010

My Grass is Green

How much time flies. My first year of college is over and wow! what? It feels like yesterday. I remember starting this blog at the end of the summer and having to abandon it because school was a handful. I really wanted to devote some time to blogging and give it a full shot. I'm so glad I did because even though I might not write as much as I want to, I am grateful to be part of this blogging community.
Roommates - Freshmen usually get crappy rooms but mine was really nice even though I had more than one roommate. My roommates drank every Thursday night to Saturday night, smoked weed which was really annoying because of the smell. I complained to them so they didn't do it as much in the room which was fine with me. I didn't care that they smoked, I just didn't want to deal with the smell. They also experimented with drugs I know they did ecstasy a couple of times. I only take pills when I really really have to so I didn't really understand why people would do drugs that are dangerous for them when they didn't have to. My roommates were also dirty. Damn I didn't know that girls could be so dirty. The bathroom was gross, the trash would stink and the fridge smelled rotten. Now that I think about it I don't know how I survived them. The crazy thing is that I'm going to miss not rooming with them next year. They had their faults but I found them really interesting.I didn't talk much to them but I listened a lot and I have a better perspective on white people in general. As a college student my grades are not as not as great as they were before college but I've learned sooo much more than just grades. I might have to do a whole 'nother post on white people and what I've learned about them this past year. For now, here's a song lyric by Macy Gray that relates to how I feel.

Someone once told me the grass is much greener
On the other side

And I paid a visit
well, it's possible I missed it
It seemed different, yet exactly the same (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Til further notice (til further notice)
I'm in-between (i'm in between)
From where I'm standing (from where in standing)
My grass is green

Someone once told me the grass is much greener
On the other side


PS: How do you know if you have chicken pox? That might sound stupid but I've never had chicken pox and I have a couple of itchy rashy looking thing on my back. It's probably just heat rash but my mom didn't get chicken pox till she was 19 so I feel like I can still get it. Do you guys remember your CP experience? How was it? I know my mom said it was horrible and she even had to shave off her hair. I hope I never get it but then again maybe that's a bad thing lol

18 comments:

  1. Chicken pox does not give you rashes, never had it, hate the spots it leaves behind. Your room mates are sure something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, college goes by really FAST!! its good that you took some positive experiences with you and even learned about other people. Your roommates are just the tip of the iceburg...college students are crazy especially here lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U should go check the rash out, although it doesn't sound like chicken pox, but rashes should be checked asap

    ReplyDelete
  4. That doesn't sound like Chicken pox but even if it is, I think your should go for a check up. Congrats on rounding off one year of school and counting your blessings too, Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CP was traumatizing ooo, and imagine in the summer heat of Naija too lol. But they are big bumps, and they appear all over your body, even your face... but i suggest you see a doctor just in case... yup, its definitely nice to always finish your first year and forge on ahead. Have a nice summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad you learnt some lessons from you room mates. I even makes you a better person.
    I have a CP experience I would never forget.
    I was infected my a roommate of mine back in the university. This was when we just resumed the session. That weekend I had to go from a cousin's wedding though I was already feeling the symptoms.
    I struggled to go for the wedding engagement ceremony on Friday but I was sent back home the same day cos at the bumps were already coming out and I was really uncomfortable and i needed isolation. So I missed the church wedding. I should have stayed at home or in school
    I still have the black spots till today. The funny part is that it can affect any part of your body except probably your eyeballs. lol. I think i will blog about the full experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny roommates.

    All the best with your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats..on year down..

    best check out the rash o..so u can be sure what you're dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's not start on dirty roommates... I'll just say some people I have lived with have left unnecessary bits of their DNA in the bathroom. Haba, I want clone you? Wetin?

    I feel the same way about uni. First year is almost done- time really flies...

    As for the rash, my chicken pox presented more like little blisters... Not rashes. There's fluid in them as well and they are kind of translucent (if that is the right word- they are not exactly like your skin sha which is mostly the case with rashes) I hope that made sense. All the same, get it checked out- especially if you feel it itching or spreading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you say your roommates smoked weed? .....yeepa.... u sha don commot?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never had chicken pox either. We thank God for those small mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry I've been absent..
    Been terribly ill..
    Glad you don and Figure you have to rest and all..
    Hope you better and okay?
    Suru we have work to do..
    Send me a mail..
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha
    i remember when you started your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. commented so many times already and still cant see it..
    I quite get your post.
    I'm glad you had your experience and have come out unscathed.
    Hope you have a wonderful hols..

    ReplyDelete
  15. commented so many times already and still cant see it..
    I quite get your post.
    I'm glad you had your experience and have come out unscathed.
    Hope you have a wonderful hols..

    ReplyDelete
  16. commented so many times already and still cant see it..
    I quite get your post.
    I'm glad you had your experience and have come out unscathed.
    Hope you have a wonderful hols..

    ReplyDelete
  17. commented so many times already and still cant see it..
    I quite get your post.
    I'm glad you had your experience and have come out unscathed.
    Hope you have a wonderful hols..

    ReplyDelete
  18. commented so many times already and still cant see it..
    I quite get your post.
    I'm glad you had your experience and have come out unscathed.
    Hope you have a wonderful hols..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed

Back to Home Back to Top Suru. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.